Directives for May Masses:
- Regular weekend Mass Schedule: Saturday Vigil @ 4:00 PM, Sunday @ 7:00 AM and 9:30 AM.
- Masses will be in the church and limited to 25% occupancy of the building, as mandated by the governor and the bishop. SJV limit: 80 persons
- Pews will be marked to help space out families and individuals attending mass.
--Families that live together, sit together.--
- Masks are highly encouraged to help reduce potential exposure.
- Weather permitting, parishioners may stay outside, listen to the liturgy on the speakers and pray with us. Father John will bring communion outside to feed the faithful. Please remember to continue to social-distancing while outside.
- An 'Overflow Mass' may be added on Sunday, only if a need is shown.
- SIGN UP at the side entrance to the church, if you arrive and the limitation has been met.
- Return at 12 noon for mass.
Special Note: If you feel ill or are worried about possible exposure, Bishop Provost’s dispensation from mass attendance still stands for the faithful. So, it is a prudential judgment to come to mass. Also, consider going to the 7am mass, since this is not as heavily attended as other masses. The overflow mass will only happen if there are people signed up... there is no guaranteed this mass will happen or be needed.
Schedules for Altar servers and Eucharistic Ministers from before the COVID-19 pandemic, are obsolete. New schedules will be made once these services are reinstated for mass.
SHOE DRIVE If you haven’t had a chance to donate, yet, this is your last week to put those old shoes to good use! This will be the final week for the fundraiser project that Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Jennings has been doing, which consists of collecting old shoes. You can help by donating your old and worn out shoes to this cause, shoes of all kinds, men’s, women’s and children’s. The goal is to collect 12,000 pair. The deadline has been extended until the end of May. We have a donation box in the back of the church for your donations.
Details are in the Calendar for:
First Communion Mass (June 14th).
View Our Parish Bulletins
Printed bulletins are now available in the church. Due to the ever-changing situation, week to week, parishioners are still asked to continue to rely on the website and Facebook for the most up to date information on SJV activities and mass times. Bulletins will still be posted on Friday for the coming weekend.
SJV Mass Times
Friday: No Mass
Holy Hour of Adoration-
-suspended until further notice
Parish Office Hours
Monday - Friday 8am - 12 noon
Please consider wearing a mask when coming inside and only one person at a time. Parishioner will only be allowed into the foyer of the building and be helped through the office partition door.
Thank you, SJV Office Staff.
PREP classes have concluded for the year.
Announcements will be made concerning First Communion.
Thank you to all the PREP teachers and assistants for all you to do!
Contact Information for Classes:
PREP: Paige Myers, DRE . 337-358-2502
Confirmation: Melissa Fontenot . 337-764-7606
RCIA: Jo Ellen Abshire . 337-489-1550