View Our Parish Bulletins
Due to the ever-changing social situation, parishioners are still asked to continue to rely on the SJV website and official SJV Facebook for the most up to date information on SJV activities and mass times. Father may also issue a message through the Parish Cast system. Bulletins will still be posted on Friday for the coming weekend as well as available in the church after mass.
Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship: A Call to Political Responsibility from the Catholic Bishops of the United States.
The Most Reverend Glen John Provost, Bishop of Lake Charles, composed the following prayer
for the recovery of the Diocese of Lake Charles in the wake of Hurricane Laura.
PRAYER FOR RECOVERY OF OUR DIOCESE
Heavenly Father, Who willed that the fallen hut of David be rebuilt; that Your people return from exile to repopulate their lands, rebuild Jerusalem and restore the Temple; that Your Son, Jesus Christ, would be the new temple and that He would build a new Jerusalem, firmly set on the twelve apostles of the Lamb; look, Gracious Creator, upon our devastation now in the Diocese of Lake Charles and along the coast; rouse up in the hearts of many good and faithful workers the courage, perseverance, and fortitude to bring Your task to a successful completion, where what is recovered will give Your name glory and be protected from the onslaught of the Devil; put to flight lethargy of spirit and fortify our wills so that the good works of Your faithful people will be seen as fulfilling Your work; grant us understanding, God of all light and reason, so that we will comprehend Your ways and see in every suffering and tribulation an occasion to embrace Your will and grow in love for You. Grant, loving Father, through that same Jesus Christ, our Lord, all these prayers by the intercession of Our Lady Star of the Sea, You, who live and reign in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
In keeping with Gov. Edwards and Bishop Provost's instructions, please to keep in mind the following when attending mass:
- Masks are required for those 8 years and above at mass. Please try to bring your own mask, but there will be some available at the back of the church, if you forget.
- Masses/ events held in the church are limited to 75% occupancy of the building during Phase 3.
- Please continue to be considerate of others by spacing out. --Families that live together, sit together.--
- If you feel ill or are worried about possible exposure, Bishop Provost’s dispensation from mass attendance still stands for the faithful. Many churches are still streaming weekend masses on You Tube and Facebook.
- Altar server and Eucharistic Minister services are suspended during this time. Old schedules are obsolete and new schedules will be made once these services are reinstated for mass.
Monday: 6:30 pm
Tuesday: 7:30 am
Wednesday: 6:30 pm
Thursday: 7:30 am*
Friday: No Mass
Saturday: 4:00 pm
Sunday: 7:00 am & 9:30 am
Holy Hour of Adoration-
-First Thursday of month @ 5:30pm, followed by Mass.
Holy Day and Feast Day Masses: TBA
-Before weekend masses
Monday - Friday 8am - 12 noon
Please wear a mask when coming inside and only one person at a time. Parishioner will only be allowed into the foyer of the building and be helped through the office partition door.
Thank you, SJV Office Staff.